It’s easy enough to add a photo to an Outlook contact if you’ve got all of their mugshots on your computer. But what happens if you don’t? Here’s how to quickly add a photo to a contact from the Web (Windows only):
1. Create a subfolder in your My Pictures folder called ‘headshots’.
2. Search for the person’s picture on the Internet (Google images is probably best. Use the person’s name and company/organisation to narrow down the search.)
3. Select a picture and open the page.
4. Click on the ‘see full-sized image’ link.
5. Open the person’s contact in Outlook.
6. Click on the ‘Add Contact Picture’ button:
7. Click through to the ‘headshots’ folder you created earlier.
8. Drag the photo from your browser into the headshots folder window. The photo should appear in that folder. (This won’t work in Opera.)
9. Click on the name of the folder and rename it to the contact’s name:
10. Select the photo and click OK. The photo will now appear in the contact’s photo box.